^ Lady on the lamp
^ Before sandblasting
^ After sandblasting...so clean!
^ The putty filled cracks
Next step was to paint the individual pieces. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that process, but honestly, it was pretty boring. We used Rustolium paint in spray cans. I decided to keep the original color mostly because I couldn't think of any other color to paint it and the dark brown went with our decor in the house.
Here's the top of the finished lamp with the freaking expensive glass shade we got for it. Seriously, that thing cost more than twice the price of the lamp since the only shade that would fit it is a reproduction piece. But it looks awesome. We decided not to sandblast the Geisha on the lamp because I liked the old antique look it had to it.
Interesting trivia: This is the lamp that my engagement ring was hanging on when Steve proposed. :)
Stay tuned for DIY Lamp #2, where I rehab another lamp I got off eBay.
(After writing this post, I have come to realize that I hate the way Blogger's "compose post" screen is. >:P)