The lovely Angie over at Klenke Konfessions has pulled me out of semi-retirement with this cute little award. I say semi-retirement, because I wasn't sure I really wanted to continue with this blog. I had a blog way back in 2002 and blogged all through college, but I wasn't sure I wanted to continue on now. I kinda have a "been there, done that" sort of feeling about it. I've also been having problems with my migraines lately and I really haven't wanted to do much of anything. BUT! Now that I'm back posting today, I feel like I can keep this up (ha, we've all heard that before!).
Enough o' that, here are the rules to the award:
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Here here! Now, I don't think I'm going to tag anyone, since everyone has been tagged already. But to keep up with the spirit of the award I'll post 8 blogs that I like to read.
1) Hark! A Vagrant - This is the blog of artist Kate Beaton. If you are a nerd like me and like comics and history, her drawings and comics will make you pee your pants.
2) Fuck you, Penguin - A hilarious twist on all those cute animal blogs.
3) Glassy Eyes - If you've ever commented on my glasses, check this blog out. He shows you how to get great looking specs on the cheap.
4) Bent Objects - Art using small objects and wire. Very cool.
5) Craftzine Blog - The official blog to the now defunct (SOB!) Craftzine magazine. Don't worry though, it still lives on in the web-o-verse.
6) Already Pretty - Great fashion advice from someone who doesn't sound like they are spouting crap from a glossy fashion magazine.
7) Shorpy - Great blog that posts old pictures of every day life from 50 to 100 years ago.
8) Everything Everywhere - Gary Arndt sold his house and everything he owns in 2007 and now he travels the world. I live vicariously through his travels.
Welp, there you go! I hope I've inspired you to put yet another blog in your Google Reader.